2017 OPEN ENROLLMENT
The month of August is the Open Enrollment period for the District’s medical and vision plans. If you would like to switch your medical coverage from one plan to another, or add eligible dependents to your coverage, August is the time to complete the required forms.
All changes made during open enrollment will become effective October 1, 2017. Please review the complete renewal information provided below.
Active Employees & Early Retirement Option Participants
As agreed upon in negotiations, effective October 1, 2017, the employee monthly cost for the Blue Shield PPO/HMO will increase from 70% to 100% of the cost difference between the Blue Shield plans and the Kaiser HMO plan. The employee monthly premium amounts are listed in the documents below.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage
The Summaries of Benefits and Coverage listed below are provided for comparison purposes. These summaries are designed to allow an employee to review and compare plan benefits.
Listed below are annual notices provided for informational purposes.
The Companion Care/Navitus and Kaiser Senior Advantage plans are renewing with an added wellness benefit called the Silver & Fit Program.
ADJUNCT FACULTY MEDICAL BENEFITS
The current Eligibility Period for the Adjunct Medical Benefits Program is March 1 through March 31, 2018 for the benefit period April 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018. For information see the following,
Santa Rosa Junior College offers its employees, and their eligible dependents, a comprehensive fringe benefit package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, and long-term disability. The highlights of the package include:
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Blue Shield of California HMO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Blue Shield of California Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
Employees enrolled in a SISC health plan, have an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) available to them as well. This plan provides up to 6 sessions per problem situation with a provider, at no cost to the employee.
Santa Rosa Junior College offers a self-insured dental plan that includes more than 750 participating dentists. The annual dental benefit provided each benefit year is $1,700.00. Claims are administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801. Attached are the links to a complete Summary Plan Description and Listing of Participating Dentists.
Vision Care Plan
The District provides a Vision Service Plan (VSP) benefit to employees. This vision plan provides an annual exam and an allowance to purchase vision products from participating providers. A summary of the VSP benefits is available for review.
The District paid basic life insurance benefits are provided by Standard Insurance Company. The benefit amount is $50,000.00 for the employee and $5,000.00 for eligible dependents. These benefit amounts are doubled if an accidental death & dismemberment event occurs. Voluntary supplemental coverage is available at the employee’s expense.
Income protection coverage for employees is provided through Sun Life Financial. Should you become disabled, after a 60-day waiting period, the benefit payable to you is two-thirds of your monthly salary before tax liability. Depending on your employment status, you are entitled to either a one-year benefit or up to the age of 65.
Employees are eligible for participation in either the State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) or the Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) based upon the position classification and/or prior membership. These programs provide a lifetime retirement allowance based upon a retirement system formula which includes five full-time years of service. Adjunct faculty also have the option of participating in Fidelity Investments or the CalSTRS Cash Balance system which do not require any vesting or years of service.
• Independence Day: July 4, 2018
• Labor Day: September 3, 2018
• Veterans Day: November 12, 2018
• Thanksgiving Day: November 22, 2018
• Day after Thanksgiving: November 23, 2018
• Christmas Holiday: December 24, 2018
• Christmas Holiday: December 25, 2018
• Floating Holiday: December 26, 2018
• District Provided Holiday: December 27, 2018
• Employee/District Split*: December 28, 2018
• New Year's Holiday: December 31, 2018
• New Year's Holiday: January 1, 2019
• Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday: January 21, 2019
• Lincoln's Day: February 15, 2019 **
• President's Day: February 18, 2019 **
• Memorial Day: May 27, 2019
* On an Employee/District Split the Employee provides 1/2 day via vacation, compensatory time, paid time off, or unpaid leave and the District provides the other 1/2 day as additional holiday time off.
** The dates given for Lincoln's Day and President's Day are subject to change based on variations in the college calendar.
Date last updated: June 6, 2018