EARLY RETIREMENT INCENTIVE PROGRAM
If you have any questions, you may contact:
• Sarah Hopkins, Director, Human Resources, SRJC, at (707) 527.4831, firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
• Marquetta Bradford, Senior Technical Analyst, Keenan Financial Services, at (800) 444.9995, ext. 3625, email@example.com
If you need assistance viewing these documents, please contact Human Resources at (707) 527-4954.
HEALTHCARE REPORTING LAW
According to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), when you file your Federal income tax return, you must provide proof that you and your dependents had the type of healthcare coverage that is now required by law or face tax penalties.
How do I provide proof of coverage?
If you enrolled in coverage, you will receive a Form 1095-B from your medical provider. (For Santa Rosa Junior College employees enrolled in coverage, this would come from Kaiser Permanente for Kaiser members, or SISC for Blue Shield members). This form provides details about your coverage, including which members of your family were covered and in which months during 2018. Information from Form 1095-B can be used in completing your Federal income tax return. Employees and retirees who have health coverage through Santa Rosa Junior College should have already received form 1095-B from their medical provider.
The deadline for employers to provide employees with Form 1095-C is March 4, 2019, so if you are considered a full-time employee under the ACA guidelines, you could expect to receive the 1095-C form at the beginning of March. Retirees will not be receiving a form 1095-C.
Benefit Information for the period October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019
Santa Rosa Junior College offers its employees and their eligible dependents a comprehensive fringe benefit package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care and life insurance. The highlights of the package include:
The District offers a choice of five medical plans through our membership in Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC). Please click on the links below to view the Benefit Summaries of these five plans:
- 2018 rate chart effective October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Blue Shield of California HMO which includes the Navitus Pharmacy Plan
- Blue Shield of California PPO which includes the Navitus Pharmacy Plan
- Blue Shield of California Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
Santa Rosa Junior College offers a self-insured dental plan that includes more than 750 participating dentists. The annual dental benefit provided each benefit year is $1,700.00. Claims are administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801. Click here for the Summary Plan Description and click here for the Listing of Participating Dentists.
The District provides a Vision Service Plan (VSP) benefit to employees. This vision plan provides an annual exam and an allowance to purchase vision products from participating providers. Click here for the VSP benefits summary.
The District paid basic life insurance benefits are provided by Standard Insurance Company. The benefit amount is $50,000.00 for the employee and $5,000.00 for eligible dependents. These benefit amounts are doubled if an accidental death & dismemberment event occurs. Voluntary supplemental coverage is available at the employee’s expense.
ELIGIBLE DEPENDENT REQUIREMENTS
Employees who enroll a spouse/domestic partner or children on the plans must provide the following documents showing of dependent eligibility:
- Spouse - a copy of a marriage certificate and a copy of your most recent tax return that shows your married status (block out all income and first five digits of SSN)
- Domestic Partner - a copy of the notarized affidavit or copy of the State of California Registration and a copy of each person's most recent tax return (block out all income and first five digits of SSN)
- Children up to age 26 - a copy of the birth certificate
Medical - Use the Membership Change Form to make changes to your current medical plan (like adding or deleting a dependent)
Dental - use this Form
Life - use the Beneficiary Change Form to make changes to your plan
Vision for Faculty - use this Form
Vision for Classified and Management - use this Form
Rates and additional medical plan information:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- New in 2018 for Blue Shield PPO plan: Ambulatory Surgery Center option
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture benefits for the Kaiser HMO Traditional Plan
- Optum Bank - Health Savings Account FAQs and Guide
- Additional benefits for employees enrolled in a SISC medical plan include the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), expert medical opinions and 24/7 physician access.
RETIREE BENEFITS - for retirees age 65 and over
Faculty - Click here for information on Retirement Health Benefits
Classified - Click here for information on Retirement Health Benefits
Benefit Summaries for Retiree Medical Benefits:
Additional Retiree Benefit: Silver & Fit benefits with Kaiser Senior Advantage and Companion Care
Retiree Dental Benefits:
- Santa Rosa Junior College offers a self-insured dental plan that includes more than 750 participating dentists. The annual dental benefit provided each benefit year is $1,700.00. Claims are administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801. Click here for the Summary Plan Description and click here for the Listing of Participating Dentists.
Listed below are annual notices provided for informational purposes.
ADJUNCT FACULTY MEDICAL BENEFITS
The current Eligibility Period for the Adjunct Medical Benefits Program is March 1 through March 31, 2019 for the benefit period April 1, 2019 through September 30, 2019. For information see the following,
Income protection coverage for employees is provided through Sun Life Financial. Should you become disabled, after a 60-day waiting period, the benefit payable to you is two-thirds of your monthly salary before tax liability. Depending on your employment status, you are entitled to either a one-year benefit or up to the age of 65.
Employees are eligible for participation in either the State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) or the Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) based upon the position classification and/or prior membership. These programs provide a lifetime retirement allowance based upon a retirement system formula which includes five full-time years of service. Adjunct faculty also have the option of participating in Fidelity Investments or the CalSTRS Cash Balance system which do not require any vesting or years of service.
For information on 403(b) and 457 plans, please click here to go to the Payroll department website.
For information on the Flexible Spending plan (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA), please click here to go to the Payroll department website.
• Independence Day: July 4, 2018
• Labor Day: September 3, 2018
• Veterans Day: November 12, 2018
• Thanksgiving Day: November 22, 2018
• Day after Thanksgiving: November 23, 2018
• Christmas Holiday: December 24, 2018
• Christmas Holiday: December 25, 2018
• Floating Holiday: December 26, 2018
• District Provided Holiday: December 27, 2018
• Employee/District Split*: December 28, 2018
• New Year's Holiday: December 31, 2018
• New Year's Holiday: January 1, 2019
• Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday: January 21, 2019
• Lincoln's Day: February 15, 2019 **
• President's Day: February 18, 2019 **
• Memorial Day: May 27, 2019
* On an Employee/District Split the Employee provides 1/2 day via vacation, compensatory time, paid time off, or unpaid leave and the District provides the other 1/2 day as additional holiday time off.
** The dates given for Lincoln's Day and President's Day are subject to change based on variations in the college calendar.
Date last updated: March 2019