2018 OPEN ENROLLMENT
The month of August is the Open Enrollment period for the District’s medical and vision plans. This year is also Open Enrollment for the District's dental coverage, which is scheduled every three years. If you would like to change your medical coverage from one plan to another, or add eligible dependents to your coverage, August is the time to complete the required forms. Documents need to be submitted to HR by August 31, 2018.
All changes made during open enrollment will become effective October 1, 2018. Please review the complete renewal information provided below.
Employees eligible to participate in the open enrollment include:
- Contract Faculty
- Classified employees with an FTE of 50% or greater
- Management employees with an FTE of 50% or greater
- Adjunct employees currently participating in the Adjunct Medical Benefits Program (medical only/no vision available)
Medical - Use the Membership Change Form to make changes to your current medical plan (like adding or deleting a dependent)
Dental - use this Change Form to add or delete dependents
Vision for Faculty - use this Change Form to add or delete dependents
Vision for Classified and Management - use this Change Form to add or delete dependents
The District offers a choice of five medical plans through our membership in Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC). Please click on the links below to view the Benefit Summaries of these five plans:
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Blue Shield of California HMO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Blue Shield of California Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
Rates and additional medical plan information is listed here:
- Use the Medical Enrollment Form to switch medical plans or enroll for the first time
- Use the Membership Change Form to make changes to your current medical plan (like adding or deleting a dependent)
- 2018 rate chart
- 2017 rate chart through September 30, 2018
- Adjunct faculty rates 2018
- New in 2018 for Blue Shield PPO plan: Ambulatory Surgery Center option
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture benefits for the Kaiser HMO Traditional Plan
- Prescription drug plan for Blue Shield PPO and HMO
- Optum Bank - Health Savings Account FAQs and Guide
- Additional benefits for employees enrolled in a SISC medical plan include the Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), expert medical opinions and 24/7 physician access.
Eligible Dependent Requirements
Employees who enroll a spouse/domestic partner or children on the plans must provide the following documents showing of dependent eligibility:
- Spouse - a copy of a marriage certificate and a copy of your most recent tax return that shows your married status (block out all income and first five digits of SSN)
- Domestic Partner - a copy of the notarized affidavit or copy of the State of California Registration and a copy of each person's most recent tax return (block out all income and first five digits of SSN)
- Children up to age 26 - a copy of the birth certificate
Santa Rosa Junior College offers a self-insured dental plan that includes more than 750 participating dentists. The annual dental benefit provided each benefit year is $1,700.00. Claims are administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801. Click here for the Summary Plan Description and click here for the Listing of Participating Dentists.
The District provides a Vision Service Plan (VSP) benefit to employees. This vision plan provides an annual exam and an allowance to purchase vision products from participating providers. Click here for the VSP benefits summary.
2018 Retiree Open Enrollment - for retirees age 65 and over
**For questions about Open Enrollment, please contact Christie Colón at email@example.com or 707-524-4304.
2017 Benefit Info for the period October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018:
Active Employees & Early Retirement Option Participants
The employee monthly premium amounts are listed in the documents below.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage
The Summaries of Benefits and Coverage listed below are provided for comparison purposes. These summaries are designed to allow an employee to review and compare plan benefits.
Listed below are annual notices provided for informational purposes.
The Companion Care/Navitus and Kaiser Senior Advantage plans are renewing with the Silver & Fit Program.
ADJUNCT FACULTY MEDICAL BENEFITS
The current Eligibility Period for the Adjunct Medical Benefits Program is March 1 through March 31, 2018 for the benefit period April 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018. For information see the following,
Santa Rosa Junior College offers its employees, and their eligible dependents, a comprehensive fringe benefit package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, and long-term disability. The highlights of the package include:
Santa Rosa Junior College offers a self-insured dental plan that includes more than 750 participating dentists. The annual dental benefit provided each benefit year is $1,700.00. Claims are administered by: Arrow Benefits Group, 1 Willowbrook Court, Suite 230, P.O. Box 750758, Petaluma, CA 94975, (707) 544-1801. Attached are the links to a complete Summary Plan Description and Listing of Participating Dentists.
Vision Care Plan
The District provides a Vision Service Plan (VSP) benefit to employees. This vision plan provides an annual exam and an allowance to purchase vision products from participating providers. A summary of the VSP benefits is available for review.
The District paid basic life insurance benefits are provided by Standard Insurance Company. The benefit amount is $50,000.00 for the employee and $5,000.00 for eligible dependents. These benefit amounts are doubled if an accidental death & dismemberment event occurs. Voluntary supplemental coverage is available at the employee’s expense.
Income protection coverage for employees is provided through Sun Life Financial. Should you become disabled, after a 60-day waiting period, the benefit payable to you is two-thirds of your monthly salary before tax liability. Depending on your employment status, you are entitled to either a one-year benefit or up to the age of 65.
Employees are eligible for participation in either the State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) or the Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) based upon the position classification and/or prior membership. These programs provide a lifetime retirement allowance based upon a retirement system formula which includes five full-time years of service. Adjunct faculty also have the option of participating in Fidelity Investments or the CalSTRS Cash Balance system which do not require any vesting or years of service.
• Independence Day: July 4, 2018
• Labor Day: September 3, 2018
• Veterans Day: November 12, 2018
• Thanksgiving Day: November 22, 2018
• Day after Thanksgiving: November 23, 2018
• Christmas Holiday: December 24, 2018
• Christmas Holiday: December 25, 2018
• Floating Holiday: December 26, 2018
• District Provided Holiday: December 27, 2018
• Employee/District Split*: December 28, 2018
• New Year's Holiday: December 31, 2018
• New Year's Holiday: January 1, 2019
• Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday: January 21, 2019
• Lincoln's Day: February 15, 2019 **
• President's Day: February 18, 2019 **
• Memorial Day: May 27, 2019
* On an Employee/District Split the Employee provides 1/2 day via vacation, compensatory time, paid time off, or unpaid leave and the District provides the other 1/2 day as additional holiday time off.
** The dates given for Lincoln's Day and President's Day are subject to change based on variations in the college calendar.
Date last updated: June 6, 2018