This is the Open Enrollment page for Regular Employees and Retirees.
If you are Associate (Adjunct) Faculty, please click here for Associate Faculty Open Enrollment information specific to you.
OPEN ENROLLMENT 2022
Open Enrollment is every year for medical and vision insurance from August 1 to August 30 and any changes you make go into effect October 1. Open Enrollment for dental insurance is once every three years (the next dental open enrollment is in 2024). During Open Enrollment, you are selecting your benefits for October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.
If you aren't making any changes to your health insurance, no action is required.
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to review current benefit elections and make changes such as:
- Change medical plans
- Add or drop dependents
- Enroll in medical or vision insurance
- Drop medical or vision insurance
After Open Enrollment ends, you cannot change your benefit elections until the next Open Enrollment in 2023, unless you have a ‘qualified status change’ like a change in your marital status, the birth of a baby, or loss of other coverage.
The District offers a choice of five medical plans through our membership in Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC). For full-time employees who want to waive medical insurance, the District also offers the Waiver of Anchor Bronze Enrollment (WABE).
Please click below for videos showcasing plan features and member benefits for:
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2022-2023?
The monthly premiums for all medical plans increase October 1, 2022 and will be in effect for the entire plan year through September 30, 2023. The monthly premiums for the vision plan decreases. The only other changes are to the Kaiser Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Blue Shield Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA) where the deductible for individuals enrolled as part of a family with two or more members will increase 1/1/2023 from $2,800/calendar year to $3,000/calendar year.
Click here for the 2022-23 rates
The rates above are for Contract Faculty, Classified and Management employees for plan year October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023. For employees working less than full-time, benefits will be pro-rated, please see the calculator in the Open Enrollment email or contact Christie Colón at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New plan enhancements for Blue Shield PPO members!
Maven: Consult with a care advocate who connects you with trustworthy content delivered by doctors, specialists, coaches, and other maternity providers to help deal with pregnancy and postpartum concerns. Available to Blue Shield PPO members – No Cost
REMINDER! Waiver of Anchor Bronze Enrollment (WABE Option)
The SRJC Health Plans through SISC (Self-Insured Schools of California) require 100% participation in a group health plan for full-time employees. Employees who work 100% and who may have other coverage and wish to decline coverage through SRJC can elect the WABE option as a way to “opt-out” of a medical plan. WABE forms must be submitted to Human Resources between August 1 and August 31, 2022, and will be effective October 1, 2022. It is important to understand that there is no medical plan or prescription drug coverage if the WABE option is selected; however, there are some Value Added Benefits available including the EAP (Employee Assistance Program), MDLive (24/7 physician line), Teladoc. If you select the WABE option, they cannot dis-enroll or change their election until the next Open Enrollment period, or until they experience a mid-year qualifying event, no exceptions.
Please click on the links below to view the Benefit Summaries of the five medical plans:
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). This is a HMO deductible plan.
- Blue Shield of California HMO
- Blue Shield of California PPO
- Blue Shield of California Account Based Health Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). This is a PPO deductible plan.
There are limitations depending on where you live:
· If you live outside of California, the Blue Shield PPO plans are the only plans you’d be eligible to enroll in since they are available in every state.
· Kaiser operates by region, so if you live outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, then you are not eligible to be enrolled in the District’s Kaiser plans. SRJC is part of the Kaiser Bay Area/Northern California region and is not part of the Southern California Kaiser region. SRJC is also not a part of the Kaiser regions in other states.
· Blue Shield HMO is only available in California.
Here’s how the deductible/Health Savings Accounts (HSA) plans work:
The district deposits $100.00/month into your HSA for single coverage or $150.00/month for family coverage and you can also put deposit money of your own into your account. You can use the money in the HSA to pay your Kaiser or Blue Shield medical plan deductible or copayments. Just be sure to keep all your receipts for your medical services and reimburse yourself from the HSA account for any medical expenses you accrue. The Health Savings Account is through Optum Bank - FAQs and Guide.
Eligible Dependent Required Documents
Employees who enroll a spouse/domestic partner or children on the medical plans must provide the following documents for proof of dependent eligibility:
- Spouse - a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of page 1 of your most recent 1040 tax return that shows your married status (block out all income)
- Domestic Partner - a certified copy of the State of California Certificate of Registration of Domestic Partnership and a copy of page 1 of each person's most recent 1040 tax return (block out all income)
- Children up to age 26 - a copy of their birth certificate. OR, if child is adopted: legal adoption documentation. OR, if you have legal guardianship or legal court documentation establishing guardianship the child can be covered up to age 18.
All enrollment forms should be submitted to Christie Colón in Human Resources
- Membership Change Form - making changes to your current medical plan (like adding or deleting a dependent)? Please fill out the Membership Change form.
- Blue Shield Enrollment Form – use this form to enroll for the first time and follow these instructions:
* Blue Shield PPO or HSA – you must write HSA or PPO in the top margin on the form
**Blue Shield HMO – you must select a doctor when enrolling in this plan and include the
doctor's IPA & PCP information on the enrollment form:
IPA is the Group Name
PCP is the Primary Care Physician #
Here’s how to search on Blue Shield's website for that information and to select a Blue
Shield HMO doctor in your area:
Click on “Primary Care Physician”
Type in your location
Select Specialty, like “Family Practice”, “Internal Medicine”, etc.
- Kaiser Enrollment Form – use this form to enroll for the first time and follow these instructions:
* Be sure to check HMO or Deductible plan in Section A on enrollment form
- If you work more than 90% and want to waive your health insurance, please fill out these three forms: WABE option enrollment form and WABE option SRJC form and SRJC waiver.
- Making changes or enrolling in the vision insurance plan? Please fill out the form below:
ADDITIONAL PLAN BENEFITS
For ALL employees:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): employees and everyone in their household can access free resources for help with personal concerns--emotional, marital, financial, interpersonal addiction and recovery, legal, stress, and more.
For all SISC members:
- Fitness memberships for Kaiser and Blue Shield members.
- Want a second opinion? All SISC members can consult with a Teledoc physician to obtain an expert medical opinion and an optimal treatment plan at no cost. Teladoc will collect all relevant medical records, retest pathology, engage leading experts, complete and review an expert report with the member, and answer any questions they may have.
- Learn to Live: Employees and everyone in their household can access free emotional well-being tools and resources online and via app. Members receive personalized, one-on-one coaching, live and on-demand webinars, and digital tools to effectively manage stress, depression, anxiety, substance use and sleep issues.
For all Blue Shield members:
- MDLIVE - 24/7 virtual access to providers and therapists.
- Vida Health - Sign up for the app or go online and you will be matched with a coach or therapist who will personalize a plan for you related to nutrition, weight loss, mental health or overall wellbeing. Free for PPO and HMO members. HSA members need to meet their deductible.
- Solera4MeDiabetes Prevention Program: Free 16-week program to help Blue Shield members diagnosed with
prediabetes reduce their risk of developing diabetes.:
For all Blue Shield PPO members:
- New for Blue Shield PPO members as of 4/1/22: Maven Maternity Care Benefit - free access to virtual care for pregnancy and postpartum support. Plus free 6-month diaper subscription if you meet certain criteria.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center - need to have surgery? Pay less by going to an Ambulatory Surgery Center versus paying more by going to an in-network outpatient hospital for certain surgeries.
- Hinge Health: Blue Shield PPO members have free* access to personalized, digital physical therapy using the latest technology. Members are empowered with tools to address back and joint pain whenever and wherever it works best for them. *Program fee subject to deductible for members on an HDHP/HSA plan.
- City of Hope - enhanced Cancer Benefit through the Oncology Center of Excellence Program.
- Carrum Health: Blue Shield PPO members receive a concierge surgery benefit that waives all cost-sharing* for
expenses are covered in full for the patient and one companion. *Medical costs subject to deductible for members on an HDHP/HSA plan.
For all Kaiser members:
- Click here for Kaiser Permanente SISC Plan Features including information about:
- Calm app: use mediation and mindfulness to help lower stress, reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality.
- myStrength: All SISC Kaiser Permanente members have free access to myStrength, an app with a personalized myStrength includes interactive activities, in-the-moment coping tools, community support and more.
- ClassPass: All SISC Kaiser Permanente members have free access to ClassPass, which makes it easier for members to exercise from the comfort of home. Through ClassPass, members have access to online video workouts at no cost, and discounts on in-person gym classes. Program now available through December 2023.
- Omada: All SISC Kaiser Permanente members have free access to a free, year-long diabetes prevention program designed to help at-risk patients prevent type 2 diabetes.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THESE DOCUMENTS, PLEASE CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 707-527-4304.