ADDITIONAL SISC PLAN BENEFITS FOR BLUE SHIELD MEMBERS
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO SHOWCASING SISC PLAN FEATURES AND MEMBER BENEFITS
These benefits are available through SRJC's membership in Self-Insured Schools of California (SISC).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): employees and everyone in their household can access free resources
for help with personal concerns--emotional, marital, financial, interpersonal addiction and recovery, legal, stress, and more. Up to 6 free visits per topic.
EAP offers 24 hours, 7 day a week access to licensed mental health professionals. The EAP website also includes some mental health articles and resources for employees besides just access to providers.
And employees can also take a quick survey about emotional well-being that will provide resources and allow them to enroll in FREE programs like the Stress, Anxiety & Worry Program, The Depression Program, the Resilience Program, etc.
- Want a second opinion? All SISC members can consult with a Teledoc physician to obtain an expert medical opinion and an optimal treatment plan at no cost. Teladoc will collect all relevant medical records, retest pathology, engage leading experts, complete and review an expert report with the member, and answer any questions they may have.
- Learn to Live: Employees and everyone in their household can access free emotional well-being tools and resources online and via app. Members receive personalized, one-on-one coaching, live and on-demand webinars, and digital tools to effectively manage stress, depression, anxiety, substance use and sleep issues.
For all Blue Shield members:
- Click here for access to your Blue Shield plan from your phone, tablet or computer.
- MDLIVE - 24/7 virtual access to providers and therapists.
- Vida Health - Sign up for the app or go online and you will be matched with a coach or therapist who will personalize a plan for you related to nutrition, weight loss, mental health or overall wellbeing. Free for PPO and HMO members. HSA members need to meet their deductible.
- Solera4MeDiabetes Prevention Program: Free 16-week program to help Blue Shield members diagnosed with prediabetes reduce their risk of developing diabetes.
For Blue Shield PPO members:
- Maven Maternity Care Benefit - free access to virtual care for pregnancy and postpartum support. Plus free 6-month diaper subscription if you meet certain criteria.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center - need to have surgery? Pay less by going to an Ambulatory Surgery Center versus paying more by going to an in-network outpatient hospital for certain surgeries.
- Hinge Health: Blue Shield PPO members have free* access to personalized, digital physical therapy using the latest technology. Members are empowered with tools to address back and joint pain whenever and wherever it works best for them. *Program fee subject to deductible for members on an HDHP/HSA plan.
- City of Hope - enhanced Cancer Benefit through the Oncology Center of Excellence Program.
- Carrum Health: Blue Shield PPO members receive a concierge surgery benefit that waives all cost-sharing* for expenses are covered in full for the patient and one companion. *Medical costs subject to deductible for members on an HDHP/HSA plan. * As of 1/1/2023 this benefit has been expanded to include Stanford Valley Care Hospital in Pleasanton, CA.
- Eden Health - customized virtual primary care through Eden Health's smart phone application. Not available for members on an HDHP/HSA plan.