In Fall 2016, District implemented a curriculum titled “Embracing a Culture of Inclusion,” (ECI). This program was started in order to provide a work environment that is welcoming and equitable with the opportunity for all cultures and perspectives to thrive. ECI is a key component to facilitating the Vision of the college which is to be an inclusive, diverse and sustainable learning community that engages the whole person. A team of faculty and staff developed the program and offered the first training at Fall 2016 Professional Development Day (PDA). The program was developed as a coordinated professional development approach by a cohort of faculty, classified professionals and management. We use a ‘train-the-trainer’ approach with new participants joining the planning group for this program continuously. Approximately 350 classified professionals, faculty, management team members and students have been trained so far.
To provide action based platform that challenges participants to value and celebrate our unique backgrounds, eliminate discrimination/bias, build community, and to actively engage in improving how we interact with each other to promote a healthy work environment.
To facilitate an inclusive, diverse and sustainable learning community that engages the whole person.
Inclusion, Appreciation, Respect, Civility, Transparency, Trust, Accountability, and Compassion.
- To promote an environment of appreciation, civility and trust
- To value our unique backgrounds and work together to provide the best possible environment for our students & each other
- To actively engage in improving how we interact with each other to promote a healthy work environment
- To be accountable for our own individual perceptions, actions and behaviors
- To maintain close alliance with our Strategic Plan and our EEO Plan
- To work towards eliminating discrimination/bias