HOW TO APPLY
You can also contact Governtmentjobs.com customer service at 855-524-5627.
What web browser should I use?
To make sure you have the best experience possible, we recommend using the most up-to-date version of one of the following browsers: Internet Explore, Firefox, Chrome
New applicants will need to create an account with Governmentsjobs.com to create their application to apply for openings.
If you have already created an account and built an application in our system, to apply for a specific job opening:
1) Click the job posting;
2) Click Apply on the posting;
3) Log in with your username and password;
4) Click the Job Title link (above 'Create Application button') to complete the rest of the application process.
To check your status on an existing application:
Click Create/Manage Application in the left navigation menu. Log in with your username and password. The position/pool (s) for which you have applied will display on your screen.
1. If you applied for a position/pool with Santa Rosa Junior College before August 1, 2014, you MUST have a NEOGOV (Governmentjobs.com) account in order to apply for employment opportunities. We are no longer accepting paper employment applications. If you previously submitted an application to any of our part-time temporary faculty pools, you will need to complete an application and attachments in our new system in order to remain an active applicant to that pool.
2. Please remember to read the full job announcement in order to ensure that you submit any additional documents required that have not been automatically prompted.
3. Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess and that you attach all of the required application documents listed in the job posting.
4. If Santa Rosa Junior College is not currently recruiting for any positions of interest, please click on the "INTEREST NOTIFICATIONS" link under the Employment Opportunities section to receive automatic notification of future job openings.
- When adding attachments (e.g., Cover Letter, Resume, Diversity Statement, Transcripts), only MS Word, PDF and Excel formats will be accepted.
HOW TO QUALIFY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR FACULTY/ADMINISTRATORS
See 2018 Minimum Qualifications Handbook for Faculty and Administrators in the California Community Colleges. (all applicants for academic service must meet the minimum qualifications for the discipline as specified). This resource is published by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges. Applicants who do not meet the minimum stated educational qualifications may apply for these instructional or educational administrative positions by requesting consideration based upon an assertion of "equivalence" through one or more categories described in the Supplemental Questions/Equivalency section of the online application. The information to the SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures can be found at Board Policy 4.3.2bP.
Candidates who are applying for classified, faculty and/or academic administrator positions, but do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job posting may still apply for the recruitment by filing for equivalency with the employment application. Applying on the basis of Equivalency is an option when an applicant feels they have a combination of education and/or experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum qualifications. Equivalency candidates must complete and attach an Equivalency Application, along with supporting documentation, to their online employment application.
FOREIGN DEGREE HOLDERS
For positions requiring a degree, all foreign degree credentials must be evaluated by a third party to determine the equivalent U.S. degree and major, and the Foreign Credential Evaluation must be attached to your application before your application will be considered. Not attaching your Foreign Credential Evaluation will render your application incomplete. Evaluations should include the name of the institution attended, a description of your credentials, the major field of study, and the U.S. equivalent for each credential. SRJC accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For a full list of accredited evaluation services click here: https://www.naces.org/members. Note: Even if you obtained your graduate degree(s) in the U.S., you must attach a Foreign Credential Evaluation for your undergraduate degree if it was obtained outside the U.S.
The credential evaluation report submitted to SRJC should include the following information:
-Lower/upper division course recommendations
-Course titles and descriptions (if possible)
-School calendar system Units (credits) and grades Accreditation credentials of school or university.
For more information on foreign degree requirements at SRJC please review the AFA Contract Article 27.01
We appreciate your interest in employment with Santa Rosa Junior College.
Assistance with the online application process is available 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please allow yourself sufficient time prior to the priority filing deadline for the position/pool that you are applying for to complete the online application process.