Current Health Insurance News and Information
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): employees and everyone in their household can access free resources for help with personal concerns--emotional, marital, financial, interpersonal addiction and recovery, legal, stress, and more.
Federal Public Health Emergency for COVID-19 to Expire on May 11, 2023
The Federal Public Health Emergency is ending on May 11, 2023. At that time, the SISC Blue Shield PPO plans are reverting to standard plan benefits for COVID testing and vaccinations.
- Covid‐19 testing will no longer be covered out of network.
- Covid‐19 testing will be subject to standard plan cost sharing.
- Over‐the‐counter Covid‐19 tests will no longer be covered.
- Covid‐19 Vaccinations will only be covered in‐network.
Kaiser Permanente and Blue Shield HMO plan benefits will remain unchanged until November 11, 2023.
IRS 1095-B Health Coverage Statement for tax year 2022
FOR KAISER MEMBERS:
The form 1095-B that you will need to file your taxes will be sent to you from Kaiser if you're a Kaiser member. This form doesn't come from SRJC.
- Employees will also be able to access their tax forms online once Kaiser completes it:
- Go to kp.org/proofofcoverage and click on kp.org/mytaxdocs
- Sign into your Kaiser Permanente account
- To narrow the results, click on Coverage & Benefits on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on the document heading MEC (PDF) in the list of documents remaining
FOR BLUE SHIELD MEMBERS:
The form 1095-B that you will need to file your taxes comes from SISC PPO if you're a Blue Shield member. This form doesn't come from SRJC.
Retiree information on 1095-B reporting
Companion Care and Kaiser Senior Advantage members are excluded from this reporting. For more information on Medicare and the 1095-B reporting, you may visit the Medicare website: Medicare and IRS Form 1095-B.
IRS 1095-C information
The deadline for employers to provide employees with Form 1095-C is March 2, 2023, so if you are considered a full-time employee under the ACA guidelines, you could expect to receive the 1095-C form from SRJC by March.
For regular employees, Open Enrollment is every year for medical and vision insurance from August 1 to August 30. The change goes into effect October 1. Open Enrollment for Dental Insurance is once every three years. The next Dental Open Enrollment is in 2024. Click here for Open Enrollment information for regular employees.
For Associate Faculty employees, Open Enrollment is every year for medical insurance from August 1 to August 30. Click here for Associate Faculty Open Enrollment information.
SISC Blue Shield Members:
- Costco Pharmacies – Walk-in flu shots are available at all Costco pharmacy locations (no membership required). Click here for the flyer.
- Network Pharmacies – Walk-in flu shots are available at pharmacies such as Rite Aid and CVS. Members interested in this option may contact Navitus at 1-866-333-2757 to locate participating pharmacies. Click here for the flyer.
SISC Kaiser Permanente Members:
- $0 flu shots are available at many of their facilities. Members may access https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health-wellness/flu for specific locations.